Monday, July 7, 2008

A "Post July 4th Holiday" Workout

I wasn't sure what to post today as I too am recovering from the July 4th holiday. Not to mention that July 3rd was my 29th birthday! I went to Dave and Busters with some friends on my birthday...THAT was fun. Basically an adult Disneyland! If you have never been there, you should go...I found that I am not a very good race car driver but I still had fun.

This is my week off of my boot camp, Ahwatukee Adventure Boot Camp. With that, my campers also have a week off. My suggestion is to rest during this week off but it is ok to do some activities as long as you don't push your body as much as you do in camp. Your body needs this recovery time to repair itself in order to build lean muscle.

What I thought I would do is provide a really basic full body workout that you can do 3 times a week in about 10 minutes. Throw in some cardio at the end and you have a pretty simple fat burning workout.

Every exercise is 25 continuaous reps (no rest):

1.Pushups - perform 1 regular or modified pushup, rest at the top one beat, then 2 pushups in a row, rest at the top one beat, then do 3 pushups in a row, etc.....until you reach 25. Note: Lead with your chest, not your head (you are not bobbing for apples)...keep your hips up. Pull your belly button in toward your spine.

2. Regular crunch - perform 1 crunch, rest one beat, then 2 crunches in a row, rest one beat, then 3 crunches in a row....etc...until you reach 25 crunches in a row. Note: Pull your belly button in toward your spine, keep your chin up.

3. Squats (slow pace) - perform 1 squat, the rest one beat on the down portion of the squat, then 2 crunches, rest one beat on the down, then do 3 squats, rest one beat on the down, etc....until you reach 25 squats in a row. Note: Sit back on those squats like you are going to sit down in a chair (push that butt back)...make sure knees are behind your toes or tracking over your second and third toe.

Then do some cardio of your choice...go for a run, treadmill, jumping jacks, jump rope, etc...

GOOD WORKOUT!

Yours in Fitness,

Dawn Franklin
Wanto to lose 6-12 pounds/inches in 28 days?
Check out http://www.ahwatukeebootcamp.com/