Thursday, October 23, 2008

TOP TEN Excuses for not starting an exercise program...Really Though?

I've been in the fitness industry now for almost a decade and I've heard every excuse in the book and here is my version of David Letterman's "Top Ten List" :

Top TEN Excuses for not starting a workout program:


10. I'm too tired to work out

9. I've got children

8. I don't have the money

7. I don't like to sweat

6. I can't get up that early

5. I'm too busy/ don't have time

4. Exercise is boring

3. I'm too intimidated to go to the gym

2. I can't get motivated

.....and the #1 Reason to not start a workout program that can help you become healthy, fit, energized and confident.....

1. I have to get into shape first!


Really though? Are you going to keep on making excuses or are you going to carve out 1 hour a day, 5 days a week to become healthier, happier, lose inches and gain confidence?! There are ladies taking my Adventure Boot Camp and they are from all over....Tempe, Ahwatukee (Phoenix), and Chandler. The ones that make NO EXCUSES and have signed up for the outdoor fitness program here in Phoenix are the ones making GREAT strides with their health and fitness. Not only with their appearance but with their health. Blood pressure going down, cholesterol going down and so on. The ones with the best results are also the ones that are working on how they eat every day. Eating out 5 nights a week is not going to help you reach your goals, having a greasy burger a few times a week will not help either. Really, it's not rocket science...you all know what to do and we/you/me all need to stop making excuses and start taking care of ourselves. "If you don't take care of your body, where else will you live?"

Take Care everyone,

Dawn Franklin
http://www.ahwatukeebootcamp.com/
http://www.dawnfranklinfitness.com/

Want to lose 5-15 pounds in 28 days?
go to http://www.ahwatukeebootcamp.com/